[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 991: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 991: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
The Bay Area Masquerade • View topic - Emoji special characters cause SQL errors

Emoji special characters cause SQL errors

Are you having tech problems of some sort with the boards and you need a place to report them?
Here you go.

Emoji special characters cause SQL errors

Postby Ted » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Cutting and pasting any emojis seems to cause a SQL error when attempting to make a post or send a PM.

The workaround is to avoid using emoji characters.

(I don't think this needs solving, I just took some time to troubleshoot it and figured I'd mention it so others know to avoid this too.)
Qerans Seadie (3BR). Creature - Zombie Shaman. 1BBB, T, Sacrifice a player: Put a +1/+1 counter on one of that land is trandor.
Ted
Staff

Player name: Ted
Character Name: Lithium Smurf

Re: Emoji special characters cause SQL errors

Postby administrator » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Newer versions of the forum software should have resolved this issue, however upgrading to the most recent phpbb is a very time consuming process, and at this time unlikely, as the game will be ending in 2017
I'm only here for administrative purposes...
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Emoji special characters cause SQL errors

Postby Ted » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:29 pm

Absolutely. Mostly I wanted to post this so if someone else gets SQL errors, they know they just need to remove emoji.
Qerans Seadie (3BR). Creature - Zombie Shaman. 1BBB, T, Sacrifice a player: Put a +1/+1 counter on one of that land is trandor.
Ted
Staff

Player name: Ted
Character Name: Lithium Smurf

Return to Problems