Trillian IRC Issues

Are you having tech problems of some sort with the boards and you need a place to report them?
Here you go.
Elanor
O.S.G.
Player name: Andrea
Character Name: Dr. Elanor Massey
City Positions: Lunar Orbiter

Trillian IRC Issues

Post by Elanor »

My Internet connection dropped for a minute, and once it was back up, Trillian couldn't reconnect to IRC for about 20 minutes. I could still connect via the browser-based client, but it was being terribly laggy. This happened the other day too, and from the error code (10061, connection refused) it sounds more like a server-side issue.

Code: Select all

[22:47:00] *** Connecting to masquerade.endogaming.net at port 6667 (SSL is OFF)...
[22:47:01] *** Connection to IRC has failed: system errorcode "10061".
See you, space cowboy..

Lindsay
Lit Moderator
Character Name: Lit Moderator

Re: Trillian IRC Issues

Post by Lindsay »

I had issues connecting via Trillian the other night too - but since I'm at my uncle's I just thought it was his uber computer security stuff.

I'll try again when I'm back in the Bay Area
All hail the glory of the Lit Dignitas!

stegan
Neophyte
Player name: BrianW
Character Name: Stegan

Post by stegan »

If other users are connecting successfully during this time, it's unlikely it's a server issue. The IRCD has a function where if an IP address attempts to connect to it too many times in a short duration, it effectively bans that IP address for a bit. It's possible that Trillian is sending a bunch of packets in a burst when it comes back up. I'll see if I can find anything in the logs.

It's also possible that the wind is messing with the cable again, but I would expect a "host not found" error for that.

stegan
Neophyte
Player name: BrianW
Character Name: Stegan

Post by stegan »

If this happened on the 5th, I'm not seeing logs of your attempts to log in or join the server. Was this the 5th?

Lindsay
Lit Moderator
Character Name: Lit Moderator

Post by Lindsay »

So - I'm back home and logged into IRC via Trillian just fine.
All hail the glory of the Lit Dignitas!

Elanor
O.S.G.
Player name: Andrea
Character Name: Dr. Elanor Massey
City Positions: Lunar Orbiter

Post by Elanor »

stegan wrote:If this happened on the 5th, I'm not seeing logs of your attempts to log in or join the server. Was this the 5th?
This was on the 5th, and one other night this week, but I don't recall the date. I know Trillian, by default, will wait 30 seconds before trying to reconnect, and will make 10 attempts before giving up. Then sometimes I get frustrated and mash the reconnect button a couple times after that.
See you, space cowboy..

DJBrucie

Post by DJBrucie »

I have not yet had any issues like that, and I use Trillian as well.