Profile Dropdowns

Are you having tech problems of some sort with the boards and you need a place to report them?
Here you go.
Zaage
Gamer
Player name: Katie
Character Name: Zaage
City Positions: Scourge

Profile Dropdowns

Post by Zaage »

When you're looking at a member profile, it has the little dropdown to show what groups they're a part of and they're showing more than they used to. They've expanded to show influences and grapevine, as far as I'm aware, for both yourself and for others. I think you can only see what others have if it's something you share.

I bring this up because it lists who has Grapevine. While not as immediately obvious, it can still give an idea of who's been browsing and posting in the anonymous forum.

I imagine most people don't want what influences they have sitting on their profile for all to see, either.
Scourge of Monterey
Hopeful in the Eyes of the Camarilla

Zaage | Anobel | Isobel
"He must walk warily and fearlessly, and while he should never brawl
if he can avoid it, he must be ready to hit hard if the need arises. Let
him remember, by the way, that the unforgivable crime is soft hitting.
Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly." —Theodore Roosevelt

Isabella
O.S.G.
Player name: Adana
Character Name: Isabella Giovanni
City Positions: Super Villain

Re: Profile Dropdowns

Post by Isabella »

it's not just if you share it with them.
You made Teddy very angry...

"Death is my business and business is good" ~ From Grave Robber At Large by Creature Feature.

administrator
Site Admin

Re: Profile Dropdowns

Post by administrator »

This functionality hasn't changed since phpbb 3.0.0 - it was there with the old version of the forums as well. I'll look into customizing it for the "hidden" groups. It should only show groups that are either "open", "public", or "hidden and shared" (so, if a group is public, like "Brujah", we can all see that. If a group is hidden, like "Grapevine 1", only people with Grapevine 1 can see that.) It's still something I will see if I can fix. Please send a PM to administrator if you haven't already.
I'm only here for administrative purposes...