[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 991: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 991: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
The Bay Area Masquerade • View topic - Searchable Inbox?

Searchable Inbox?

Are you having tech problems of some sort with the boards and you need a place to report them?
Here you go.

Searchable Inbox?

Postby Ted » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:37 am

What would be needed to make Inbox searchable? Is that a possibility? Too much bandwidth/coding/memory/disk space?

It would make Staff's job way easier sometimes.
Qerans Seadie (3BR). Creature - Zombie Shaman. 1BBB, T, Sacrifice a player: Put a +1/+1 counter on one of that land is trandor.
Ted
Staff

Player name: Ted
Character Name: Lithium Smurf

Re: Searchable Inbox?

Postby MikeLG » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Oh god, seconded. I may not be staff, but I'm a fan of sending letters and would love this if it's even remotely possible.
MikeLG
O.S.G.

Player name: Adam
Character Name: Michael
City Positions: Deputy

Postby stegan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:02 pm

I have no idea how possible it would be. Let me do some research into what mods exist for phpbb. It's a lot of custom work if I have to do it myself, but it's possible someone has already built an addon that makes it work.
stegan
Neophyte

Player name: BrianW
Character Name: Stegan

Postby Ted » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:13 pm

stegan wrote:I have no idea how possible it would be. Let me do some research into what mods exist for phpbb. It's a lot of custom work if I have to do it myself, but it's possible someone has already built an addon that makes it work.

Yay! Thank you!
Qerans Seadie (3BR). Creature - Zombie Shaman. 1BBB, T, Sacrifice a player: Put a +1/+1 counter on one of that land is trandor.
Ted
Staff

Postby stegan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:31 pm

So, I won't be able to do anything about it *today*, but I did locate a PM searching tool. I'm going to try it on my test instance of phpbb soon and will try and get it in-place.
stegan
Neophyte

Player name: BrianW
Character Name: Stegan

Postby Ted » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:55 pm

stegan wrote:So, I won't be able to do anything about it *today*, but I did locate a PM searching tool. I'm going to try it on my test instance of phpbb soon and will try and get it in-place.

You're amazing.
Ted
Staff

Postby Ginger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Mistress of Administrivia
Soul-binder, Hope-Crusher
Sayer of Nays
Ginger
Staff

Player name: Ginger
Character Name: Doom

Postby Aldona Piast » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:26 pm

This is why my accounts all have multiple mailboxes, for easy sorting of IC letters and OOG pms. Piast has a filing mailbox for every clan, for stuff from the prince and one especially for paramour communication.

.........I. May write too many pms
Christos Magos of the Kings - Sister Melia of the Wanderers

Judge a man not by how he treats his equals but by how he treats his inferiors.
-Charlie Chaplin
Aldona Piast
O.S.G.

Player name: Lindsay
Character Name: Aldona Piast
City Positions: Seneschal

Postby administrator » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:03 pm

This module should now be operating properly.
I'm only here for administrative purposes...
administrator
Site Admin

Postby MikeLG » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Oh my god this is awesome and you are awesome!
MikeLG
O.S.G.

Player name: Adam
Character Name: Michael
City Positions: Deputy

Return to Problems