Hidden but accessible forums

Are you having tech problems of some sort with the boards and you need a place to report them?
Here you go.
Ted
Staff
Player name: Ted
Character Name: Lithium Smurf

Hidden but accessible forums

Post by Ted »

Current forum behavior is that you only see forums listed if you have at least read access to every forum level above it.

This can lead to the odd situation where a user might be able to see a forum with a direct link, but never from the top level.

It would be nice if you could see a forum listed (but not its contents) if you had access to any subforum.

I have no idea how easy this would be to do, and I don't mean to make trouble. I suspect this is a problem that only staff notices, and only after creating a new forum without some extra setup. It would still be nice to fix someday!

Thanks!
Qerans Seadie (3BR). Creature - Zombie Shaman. 1BBB, T, Sacrifice a player: Put a +1/+1 counter on one of that land is trandor.

stegan
Neophyte
Player name: BrianW
Character Name: Stegan

Re: Hidden but accessible forums

Post by stegan »

Unfortunately, this is a "feature" of the phpbb software - they built it that way intentionally, which makes it difficult to fix. I'll look into if anyone's figured a way around it.

Ted
Staff
Player name: Ted
Character Name: Lithium Smurf

Re: Hidden but accessible forums

Post by Ted »

stegan wrote:Unfortunately, this is a "feature" of the phpbb software - they built it that way intentionally, which makes it difficult to fix. I'll look into if anyone's figured a way around it.
Okay! If it's difficult to fix, no worries. It's something that Staff (mostly me) stumbles upon every six months or so, so I figured I should ask if there's an easy fix.
Qerans Seadie (3BR). Creature - Zombie Shaman. 1BBB, T, Sacrifice a player: Put a +1/+1 counter on one of that land is trandor.