PM Groups and Misclicks

Are you having tech problems of some sort with the boards and you need a place to report them?
Here you go.
TinnaMinor
Player
Player name: Maria
Character Name: Shona
City Positions: Werewolf Bait

PM Groups and Misclicks

Post by TinnaMinor »

Twice now, I've found a PM in my inbox that isn't supposed to be there. I've spoken with the senders and once it was as simple as they might have accidentally clicking a group to PM instead of staff. The other time, the person just hit reply and it somehow was sent to a group instead of the original one recipient. The group will soon be dissolved, but if someone could look into this for future groups?

I trust all the players to be fantastic people and understand not to meta-game because of the misfired PMs, but it's better for my gaming when I don't accidentally get information to tempt me on an out of character level.

Thanks
of Clan Malkavian
Acknowledged in the domains of the South Bay and Monterey

Ginger
Staff
Player name: Ginger
Character Name: Doom

Re: PM Groups and Misclicks

Post by Ginger »

I think the answer is to just not have PM groups, since they are by definition public.

I didn't realize there had been more than one incident (we have no oversight into PMs) so thanks for the heads up.
Mistress of Administrivia
Soul-binder, Hope-Crusher
Sayer of Nays

Aldona Piast
O.S.G.
Player name: Lindsay
Character Name: Aldona Piast
City Positions: Seneschal

Post by Aldona Piast »

There's a reply and a reply all function. I've had folks click reply all before by accident, but not often enough that I think we should get rid of the feature
Christos Magos of the Kings - Sister Melia of the Wanderers

Judge a man not by how he treats his equals but by how he treats his inferiors.
-Charlie Chaplin

administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

As a note on this for staff, if you wish to keep PM groups enabled, but want to ensure people can't send to groups they're not part of, a hidden group can only be sent messages by that group's members.

Public/Open group:
Name will show up in PM list, can be PM'd by anyone

Hidden group:
Name will only show up in PM list if you are a member of the group, can be PM'd only by members.
I'm only here for administrative purposes...