Chat dropping posts

Are you having tech problems of some sort with the boards and you need a place to report them?
Here you go.
Calhoun

Chat dropping posts

Post by Calhoun »

We are having an issue with chat dropping a ton of posts in the past 24 hours.

Elanor
O.S.G.
Player name: Andrea
Character Name: Dr. Elanor Massey
City Positions: Lunar Orbiter

Re: Chat dropping posts

Post by Elanor »

I haven't noticed this on Trillian, but trying to use the web client on Saturday night was laaaaaaggy. There were only a couple people on, but it took a few minutes for messages to be posted, and the connection dropped frequently.

Also noticed that every now and then, the entire site will go down--chat, boards, everything. The domain won't even respond to pings during these times. Usually it's for less than an hour at a time, and in the middle of the night, around 2-4am. I know that isn't when most people are online, but it might be an indicator of other potential site problems.
See you, space cowboy..

Madison Roosevelt

Post by Madison Roosevelt »

Elanor wrote: Also noticed that every now and then, the entire site will go down--chat, boards, everything. The domain won't even respond to pings during these times. Usually it's for less than an hour at a time, and in the middle of the night, around 2-4am. I know that isn't when most people are online, but it might be an indicator of other potential site problems.
It used to happen to the old LABF forum game site too and apparently what was happening was the provider was performing maintenance during that time. Not sure if that's the case here, but it might be worth checking out.

axiom

Post by axiom »

Just restarted the httpd - please let me know if we continue to have issues with this - I'll look deeper if so. My guess is httpd was hogging resources because old instances of web client hadn't closed cleanly.