New Kid on the Block

Forum rules
Posts made here are viewable by the general public, no account or login required.
lolhsson

New Kid on the Block

Post by lolhsson »

Hey all,

I got bitten by the LARP bug (not for the first time, but it's been years), and a quick Google search made it clear that TBAM is the local place to be. I'm trying to throw together a character/background in time to turn up tonight. The essential concept: young, brilliant hacker/inventor/troublemaker who hacked a little too far into Ventrue accounts, and was rewarded for her talents by being Embraced by someone farsighted who wanted to put her to work for the Clan. However, she's, ah, marginally less civilized (by Ventrue standards, anyway) than they'd like her to be, so she was sent to Mountain View (if she wasn't Embraced here in the first place) to be broken to bridle while making herself useful.

If there's a Ventrue out there who'd like to be either her Sire or someone her Sire sent her to, that would be awesome. If there's anyone out there who's hacker-oriented who would like to know her, and be known in turn, by reputation, that would also be awesome.

(And if there's anyone out there who can tell me which version of the rules you guys use so I can hammer out the character sheet in time to play tonight, that, too, would be great. I see there's a wiki, but that's all I can see -- its inner workings are closed to me.)

Thanks!

-Liz

EDIT: I found http://masquerade.endogaming.net/forum/ ... 236&t=7913 (Files Every Player Should Have) which gives me a running start on the rules question.

Lindsay
Lit Moderator
Character Name: Lit Moderator

Re: New Kid on the Block

Post by Lindsay »

Hello Liz,

My name is Lindsay and I'm the Head ST around these parts.

I've given you access to the wiki so that you can see our very home brewed rules which are a hybrid of table top and MET.

Be warned though - I also NPC the Ventrue prince and if you ask any of my Ventrue players, I'm sure they'll tell you that I'm rather hard on my Ventrue. This is not said to discourage you! I always welcome new players, but... I thought I should warn you ahead of time, yes? Yes!

Also, if you have any questions please feel free to pm me and I will do my best to help you out!

-Lindsay
All hail the glory of the Lit Dignitas!

Calixte Peregrine
Accomplice
Character Name: Calixte Peregrine

Post by Calixte Peregrine »

Note, the rules in the wiki are far more current than the rules doc on the board.
"Être fort pour être utile" —Georges Hébert
“Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.”
—Brian Wilson

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

Even if a character isn't ready, you should still come and check it out, just to checkout the lay out and meet the people :) hope to see you there.

Isabella
O.S.G.
Player name: Adana
Character Name: Isabella Giovanni
City Positions: Super Villain

Post by Isabella »

Welcome!

We use a house version of MET rules. The wiki is a good place to look. Other than that you can also PM staff with various questions. There are also plenty of us players who are willing to help.

And even if you don't get a character ready to go you are welcome to come and shadow for the evening, get to know some of the players and talk to staff.

Looking forward to meeting you.

~Adana
You made Teddy very angry...

"Death is my business and business is good" ~ From Grave Robber At Large by Creature Feature.

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

Ninja'd!

Isabella
O.S.G.

Post by Isabella »

You can also pop into chat if you have specific questions. Usually there's someone who can help you navigate the wiki and answer general questions.

"Death is my business and business is good" ~ From Grave Robber At Large by Creature Feature.

MorganS
Player
Player name: Megan Coen
Character Name: Morgan Sharett

Post by MorganS »

Looking forward to playing with you! :)
"There is so much blood in this country, it soaks into the ground, grows in the crops and feeds the orphans who remain. The people of our nation cry out to God for salvation. I am God's left hand." - Armanoush

lolhsson

Post by lolhsson »

Woo, speedy responses! Thanks for the help, everyone.

I live waaaaay up in El Cerrito (grad student at UC Berkeley) so if I'm going to drive an hour each way, I wanna play tonight. ;) Thus I am currently frantically hammering out at least a basic background and trying to put stats together. Should I show up earlier than 7:30 to get stuff looked over, or will nobody be around until then?

Lindsay: I'm not sure what "hard on my Ventrue" means, but it sounds like good RP. >.>

Isabella
O.S.G.

Post by Isabella »

A Lot of people show up between 7 and 7:30.

Ralph
Storyteller
Player name: Ralph
Character Name: Trouble
City Positions: Head Storyteller

Post by Ralph »

Liz,
My name is Ralph and I am one of the Narrators on Staff.

I plan to be at game site around 7:00 tonight and I'd be happy to help you put your concept and sheet together.

See you tonight!
-Ralph
-Ralph
--------
Let me tell you a story....

lolhsson

Post by lolhsson »

I had a terrific time last night! Thanks so much for having me. I'll be in Seattle next week, but I hope to see you the week after!

Best,
Liz