Toreador Ball Costuming Assistance!

Forum rules
Posts made here are viewable by the general public, no account or login required.
Jane
Gamer
Player name: Drea 1.0
Character Name: Jane Myers
City Positions: Bartender

Toreador Ball Costuming Assistance!

Post by Jane »

I know that there are many talented artists in the group, and many of us will be making our own costume pieces for this event. People are already planning costumes, and some of you are going all out! There are also many of us that lack the time or skills required to make something, or the money to buy something new, so I thought I would offer my services to the group and invite others to do the same. If you have the time and skills, please post a description of what you do, with some examples of your work, and how best to contact you!

*Also acceptable to post here would be costume pieces (handmade or not) that you already have and wish to part with, or loan out for the night.*

I make a lot of jewelry, mostly with glass, plastic, and metal beads, but I can acquire other materials by request (examples in my Etsy shop). I mostly prefer to work with chain or metal pins, and have been experimenting with knitted wire jewelry. Actual bead stringing is not one of my strong points.

I also knit and have a large stash of yarn at the moment. Mostly scarves, hats, bags, and other simple things. Some of my scarves of also on Etsy, and many of you have seen the Jayne hats I made. More examples of what I can offer are on DeviantArt.

I've been sewing as a hobby since I was a child, and took a couple of fashion design courses in college. I'm no professional, but I do costuming for fun and alterations for my everyday wear. Unfortunately I don't have many examples online, but my big plaid skirt used to be a pair of pants, and the black vinyl hat I wore the the Gangrel Thing was made from scratch. I've also done things like turn shirts into aprons and made fancy dresses for cosplay. Most of the sewing I do is for women's wear and accessories.

Edit, forgot to mention I do a bit of floral design too! My mother was a florist and taught me a bit, so I can also make bouquets and corsages from fresh or fake flowers!

If you're interested, contact me via pm or email mizufusion@gmail.com
Last edited by Jane on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The waiting drove me mad... you're finally here and I'm a mess
I take your entrance back... can't let you roam inside my head
I don't want to take what you can give
I would rather starve than eat your bread
I would rather run but I can't walk
Guess I'll lie alone just like before

Micky Swift
Accomplice
Player name: Adana
Character Name: Micky Swift

Me Too

Post by Micky Swift »

I'll throw my hat into the ring here as well since one person can't do it all.

As many of you know I am a costumer and make up artist. I'd be happy to led my strengths to this cause.

Not only do I sew but I'm great at creating random items from weird things (I made a bustle out of duct tape and coat hangers that actually looks pretty cool) and I worked at a costume shop for 7 years where I learned how to make full on costumes from random bits that we had on hand when we didn't have the actual costume in the shop so I can probably help you figure out how to take what you already have and make it work. I can also make jewelry, hats and style wigs for you.
I can loan stuff out or make stuff. If I make something for you I may ask you to buy materials or throw a couple bucks my way if you want something really elaborate. It would really depend on what you want.

I've got a lot of random costuming bits (Vintage clothing,skirts, hats, dresses, shirts, jackets, etc.) , lots of wigs, shoes, and costume jewelry and I know the local stores well enough to tell you where to go to get something specific. I can also help with makeup both giving you ideas and helping you put it on.

If your interested you can contact me via PM or email me at creea_shawn@hotmail.com

A lot of good examples of what I do and own can be found on my Deviant Art page but I can do a lot of other stuff too. If you have an idea you can run it by me and I'll be happy to help you figure it out or send you to someone who can.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me. ~ George Orwell

Verdi
Accomplice
Player name: Emi
Character Name: Verdi Raphaela

Re: Toreador Ball Costuming Assistance!

Post by Verdi »

Althouh I am in no way as good as these two lovely ladies, I will throw my hand in the ring as well.

I would be willing to work one on one with one or two people for ball stuff. I don't have really any pictures of my work sadly! I could point out a few things that I've worn to game that I have made though.

I am skilled with a sewing machine and can create patterns for clothes if you want something very unique. I can also spiffy up something you might already have, or sew premade things together to create new things! *I work very well with changing clothes into other clothes*

I will try to find some pics of my work, but there you have it, I'm free to be chained to a sewing machine as well for ball stuffs!

There's your Triad of sewing/craftys peoples!
All Dressed Up, And Nowhere To Go.

TeganAdams

Post by TeganAdams »

Wait, an excuse to make stuff? I'm in!

I make jewelry in a variety of media, from hemp to chainmail.

I can also help out with hair and makeup, as evidenced by, well, what I do every week as Tegan. I do better with natural hair as opposed to wigs.

I also knit and crochet, and have recently added tatting to my repertoire, if you're looking for lacy bits for your costuming.

If you're interested, PM is the best way to contact me. Thanks!

ElenaS

Post by ElenaS »

Does anyone know how to tie a corset properly? I will need help with that once I get there. Please?

LucyPiper

Post by LucyPiper »

I am sure several people can help you onsite.

theo
NPC
Player name: Chris B
Character Name: theo
City Positions: smartmouth

Post by theo »

*edit*
i swear that said tie a tie a few minutes ago

Isabella
O.S.G.
Player name: Adana
Character Name: Isabella Giovanni
City Positions: Super Villain

Post by Isabella »

I'm sure that regardless of which one it is there will be at least one person who can help.
You made Teddy very angry...

"Death is my business and business is good" ~ From Grave Robber At Large by Creature Feature.