Recording Boons

Forum rules
Posts made here are viewable by the general public, no account or login required.
Megan

Recording Boons

Post by Megan »

Hi folks,

A lot of boons traded hands last week (which is awesome). But please PM me with the details of the boon, even if you told me about it during game. I will not promise to remember what I'm told in game.

Also, do not be surprised if I put time limits on your boons. I think for accounting purposes and realism purposes is makes good sense to have a time constraint on getting your favor re payed. Certainly Trivial and Minor Boons will have limits. Major/Blood/Life may not, since they are somewhat graver issues.

Thoughts?

Rini

Re: Recording Boons

Post by Rini »

I thought the whole point of boons, of any level, was to hold onto them until they were needed by whoever garnered them. What happens to the individual who owes the boon if they don't repay it before time is up? If the boon is simply no longer owed, there are going to be a lot of pissed-off creditors.

My $0.02.

The Spirit
Thread Necromancer
Player name: Dorian
Character Name: Robert Sinclair
City Positions: Pissed

Post by The Spirit »

It seems to me that putting a time frame on a boon would be a decision in-character made by the harpy on a case-by-case basis. If the situation warrants it for reason of practicality, status or what have you, then sure. It would almost be a kindness, even, as it would mean that you couldn't dig yourself into a life dept by accumulation of trivial boons (as easily ;) ).

My 18 yen.

Lindsay
Lit Moderator
Character Name: Lit Moderator

Post by Lindsay »

Megan wrote:Also, do not be surprised if I put time limits on your boons. I think for accounting purposes and realism purposes is makes good sense to have a time constraint on getting your favor re payed. Certainly Trivial and Minor Boons will have limits. Major/Blood/Life may not, since they are somewhat graver issues.

Thoughts?

OOOOOO!!!! OO! OO! OO!

My thought is that I'd have fun with this if you decide to try it in character. It's... um... PLOT inspiring it is!

Go ahead... try it... I WANT you to!! (yes... that's a reference to my sig line.)
All hail the glory of the Lit Dignitas!

mgibson

Post by mgibson »

Lindsay wrote:Go ahead... try it... I WANT you to!! (yes... that's a reference to my sig line.)
If that endorsement isn't a resounding reason NOT to do something, I don't know what is.

Francis
Player
Player name: Leland
Character Name: Francis Donovan
City Positions: Primogen

Post by Francis »

I would have to agree with the idea that boons not have a time limit. The whole point of them is to be able to call upon a favor when you need it. If they have a time limit then its not nearly as valuable.

~Leland

Psykoguy

Post by Psykoguy »

I'm against the time limit as well. Kindred politics often are long game, with extremes measured in the centuries. Boons are one of the more important tools in regards to these things. Trivial and minor boons may seem like not much, but if you take into the account the value of them, especially if they're owed by an elder or someone of significant status, a time limit would only devalue them.

Megan

Post by Megan »

Well, as Lindsay so eloquently put it...or was it sinisterly. This will end up being an IC choice either way. So nevermind!