Squeek

Forum rules
Posts made here are viewable by the general public, no account or login required.
Mowse

Squeek

Post by Mowse »

I just wanted to say that I'm commin' over to this game. Why? Not that I need to tell you but I feel it's important that people know this kind of thing. The first thing is after having read and listened to everything going back and fourth and such on the SCM boards I decided that I needed to ask myself the very important question: Why do I game?
The answer is that I game for my own enjoyment. Not anyone elses. I do it because I have fun and I like the social interaction and the chance to let go of my mundane little real world for a while and just be someone else and in the process work out things in my own life in a round about way that probably only makes sense for me but that's all that matters. Yes, it's compleatly selfish but that's what hobbies are. They're selfish indugences that we get to have every so often.

I was already getting annoyed with the massive "Okay we're going to change all the rules all at once *BLAHR" crap. Yes, rules need changing and so on but that sort of thing is best done gradually and keeping everyone afected by said changes in the loop and getting everyone's opinon and suggestions and so on before the disicion is made. I've ran games. I know this. And maybe that was what was happening but it didn't seem like it to me and massive change of rules always makes me uncomfortable especially when I've just started getting the hang of the rules being changed.

Also the general attitude that seemed to exist on the part of some people regarding how games should be run and what LARPing was all about chafed with my own views of such things. Many of the people who I agree with or at the very least whom I can agree to disagree with and still be friends with them because they respect our differences are comming to this game. Therefore my choice was clear. There's also that the new game sight is near my boyfriend's bouncing job and therefore I can get rides with him or his coworkers if need be. Plus I know the area really well. So those helped too.

I want to clarify, though, I really have nothing against anyone who is staying at the old game. I just feel that the Mt.View game will end up being the one I enjoy more.

So yeah. All that crap having been said: HOWDY! I'm looking forward to playing and having fun. Much loves.

Loki

Re: Squeek

Post by Loki »

*hugs*

Welcome. And I'd like to say that we here at the new Mt. View game are happy to have you, and are going to try to have a fun game that everyone will enjoy.

-Loki

padraic

Post by padraic »

Mowse wrote: There's also that the new game sight is near my boyfriend's bouncing job
...Is he a bouncer at a bar, or does he have some freaky-deaky-super-fetishy job that entails bouncing...?
I only ask out of professional curiosity, of course.
;)

Mowse

Post by Mowse »

He's a bouncer at the Monte Carlo night club right there on Castro street. He's been there over two years.