Talent Event Friday

Forum rules
Posts made here are viewable by the general public, no account or login required.
MissClara

Talent Event Friday

Post by MissClara »

Since Gary hasn't had time to post, I'm going to propose some guidelines for the Talent Event on Friday that I think he'd be in agreement on.
  • While performances might be quite long and in-depth in RP terms, for the sake of LARP fun, please keep whatever you are doing to two-three minutes of real time. That will let everyone have time to perform while still leaving plenty of time for schmoozing, critiquing, voting, and gossiping.
  • When you get up to perform, please state what relevant skills/pool you are using for your performance, and whether you are burning Will for automatic success.
  • Also, please throw a group ro against your audience and judges. This will give people a general mechanic to help judge how their characters feel about your performance.
  • If you are trying to impress one judge in particular, you can also throw a second ro with just that one judge and burn extra skills/Willpower to try to impress them. You can only focus on one judge in this way.
  • After any mechanics are resolved, please describe your performance, or if you like, just start singing/reciting/etc. Actually attempting to perform like your character is a big bonus, but don't feel like you need to, describing your awesome performance is OK too.
The actual time and location for the show will be announced at listen up. Please assume that you have received beautiful invitations in sufficient time for your characters to make plans to be there. If your performance has any special requirements, like equipment, space, etc. Clara has contacted you or your ghouls and made arrangements for it to be available.

I am pretty busy myself these days, so I'm not sure how much prop-love I'm going to be able to come up with in the next 24 hours, so please also assume that the setting for the Talent Show is very nice, quite secure, that there are lovely pieces of art on the walls to look at, that the chairs are comfortable, and that there are safe and appropriate refreshments. I've been spending downtime actions on this, but alas, I am not actually a brilliant hyper-efficient ghoul who has little need to sleep, so phys-reps of decor and refreshments might be minimal to non-existent. Sorry!

MrMacabee
NPC
Player name: Ted
Character Name: Curt Macabee

Re: Talent Event Friday

Post by MrMacabee »

Can I make a request on this?

If other people are going to use powers or abilities during a performance, could those be resolved during the same segment before actually RPing the presentation?

(I had someone bust Presence on me to mess up a performance in a Toreador event for a totally different LARP once, which was fine, but the players actually shouted and interrupted an actual RPed reading that I was trying to do, which was the most annoying thing ever.)
If you believe it, they believe it. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #267
Curt Macabee
Childe of Jefferson Cantor, Harpy of Washington, D.C.

Lindsay
Lit Moderator
Character Name: Lit Moderator

Post by Lindsay »

Point of order.

Blowing a WP for an auto success is a TT mechanic and does not apply here at BAM. You may burn a WP for a retest should you fail, not an auto success.
All hail the glory of the Lit Dignitas!

Ezekiel Rabinowitz
Accomplice
Player name: Gary
Character Name: Ezekiel Rabinowitz

Post by Ezekiel Rabinowitz »

Hi all!

Sorry to be posting so late in the week on this, but Real Life (tm) has been eating my head for the last week.

Tonight's events will be held at a place Ms. Clara has determined (we'll announce it at game.) It's going to be phys-repped at Toad Hollow, the area in front of the Library. I'd like the event to begin at 9:30p.

I have yet to receive confirmation from the Prince whether or not the location will be declared Elysium, but I will announce such during listen up.

** Update - His Highness has decreed that as the location will be an Elysium for the evening.**

Looking forward to some fun times tonight!

-Gary
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ezekiel Rabinowitz
Apprentice to Master Andrastos
Insightful in the eyes of the Tower

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."