Parties, Parties, Parties!

Forum rules
Posts made here are viewable by the general public, no account or login required.
Madison Roosevelt

Parties, Parties, Parties!

Post by Madison Roosevelt »

First of all, thank you Adana for taking pointe on the RSVP requests. I've been under the weather for the last couple of weeks and not as up to speed as I'd like to be for my own things. :D

That being said, in regards to the masquerade ball itself, the location is not released until the night before in order to ensure a more secure affair. Those who RSVP ahead will receive an actual commemorative invitation done in gold leaf and cream revealing the location to be at Dinah's Garden Hotel in Palo Alto. (Please take a look at that link if you're intending to visit the masquerade since it'll give you a good idea for the setting and environments in which to stage your scenes. (Alas, the streets of downtown mountain view aren't as ambient as the Dinah's grounds.)

Along with the invitations come a keycard decorated in intricate gold-colored scrollwork with a number, and a note advising that all public areas have access by the mortal hotel staff; however, the main ballroom will not be staffed by mortals and individual hotel suites are private and available for non-masquerade safe matters. The keycard correlates to a room number and the guests are advised that it will be active only for the night of the masquerade.

Invitations are available at Issy's affair the night of the party by request, and directions are also available there. Likewise, directions to Issy's party are available at the masquerade ball.
Last edited by Madison Roosevelt on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Spirit
Thread Necromancer
Player name: Dorian
Character Name: Robert Sinclair
City Positions: Pissed

Re: Parties, Parties, Parties!

Post by The Spirit »

Link for the Hotel Website wrote:The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
:( It seems as though the website does not like me oogling pictures of its hotel in an untoward manner without its permission.

However.

On the homepage for Dinah's Hotel I did find a button link thingy to a photo tour with the same url that you tried to link. On the left side, about halfway down the page's scroll bar. That link will work if the one in the above post does not, and they'll let you oogle pictures to your heart's content. They have pretty elephants.

Madison Roosevelt

I feexed the link. And I also like the elephants. :)

Oscar Du Pont

Post by Oscar Du Pont »

Oh wow, it's stunning! Too bad we can't actually hold the event there.

Madison Roosevelt

I wish. That orator stool (pictured in the art section) totally belongs in the boardroom. But at least it will be nice for imaginary setting purposes, and the grounds are pretty spacious so I suspect that if people wanted to nip off for a scene here or there, they can do so while still being at the grounds. The main ballroom will probably be what's represented.

(And even so, not too heavily since it's public property and I don't want to get busted for setting up anything too elaborate in somebody's parking lot.)

Madison Roosevelt

Okay, so if I haven't gotten an RSVP from you then you're still welcome to come but I make no promises that there will be treats or dance cards left if I get a lot of drop-ins.

IC mechanics:

Your character needs to have their invitation, a mask, and some kind of formal wear to get in. There are spare invitations and keycards at Issy's, available by request, but if you want your keycard activated you need to call one of Maddy's ghouls to confirm your presence and activate they key.

Megan's bringing a few extra masks for some people who don't have them (Thank you Megan!) but only a few, so if you have a mask I encourage you to wear it. Prop masks are just neat and lend to scene ambiance. :) I'm not going to turn away players who don't have a mask or aren't dressed up OOC, obviously, but characters need a mask and be dressed up to get in.

Totally looking forward to this. See you all tonight! <3