Humanity

Forum rules
Posts made here are viewable by the general public, no account or login required.
Ralph
Storyteller
Player name: Ralph
Character Name: Trouble
City Positions: Head Storyteller

Humanity

Post by Ralph »

A great many people actually lost humanity one way or another last night.
Unfortunatly, with everything going on, I didn't amend sheets at the time.

If you lost the chop for humanity; or if you didn't chop at all because you just didn't feel bad for what happened to Grant, please PM me.

Thanks!
-Ralph
--------
Let me tell you a story....

DJBrucie

Re: Humanity

Post by DJBrucie »

These were only folks that voted in favor of DW Quincy, correct?

Lindsay
Lit Moderator
Character Name: Lit Moderator

Post by Lindsay »

DJBrucie wrote:These were only folks that voted in favor of DW Quincy, correct?
Or who stood idly by and did nothing (if they had the ability to do something that is)
All hail the glory of the Lit Dignitas!

Fedele

Post by Fedele »

Um - at this point I have to ask a few questions about what is being said.

The way that the IC challenge was laid out, to my understanding, was that if side X won, then person y died; either way someone wasn't walking away. Therefore it follows that anyone who stood and laid status down in support (for either side) was actively participating in attempted premeditated murder. Because this was a trial of status, those who used status are directly responsible for the execution. Wouldn't that mean that everyone who participated by laying down status should throw and associated humanity check?
Lindsay wrote: Or who stood idly by and did nothing (if they had the ability to do something that is)
Preface:
I am not trying to pick on you here Lindsay, just trying to politely point out what this seems to say.

By logical extension, everyone of us, statused or not, could have stood up and spoken against what was going on, or could have claimed praxis to stop the trial, could have attacked the Scourge in an attempt to free Shane so as to preserve life. And because no one did, should the rest of us then throw a challenge?

I understand that this post probably won't make me particularly popular, but I felt the need to ask teh questions.

msweet
Accomplice
Player name: Ari
Character Name: Maud Sweet

Post by msweet »

Atrus:

At least three of us participated in a effort to even up the status and prevent an outright execution.
The past is never dead. It's not even past.
Faulkner

MorganS
Player
Player name: Megan Coen
Character Name: Morgan Sharett

Post by MorganS »

Humanity is a very subjective thing. My character specifically voted to bring the vote even - so the result would be an honor duel and not an execution. At my humanity 7 I was comfortable with that choice being inside her morality. Staff didn't ask me to throw a check. To my knowledge anyone humanity 8 or higher DID have to throw a check for witnessing the death (someone near me did anyway). So for the sake of my next point, I'll say 7 is the cut off where witnessing a death won't automatically give you a check.

In regards to the further point that everyone MIGHT be responsible enough to throw checks just for being there - I disagree. I think if people reasonably thought they COULD stop the death, sure. But I suspect anyone trying to take Praxis or help Grant escape would have died too. And failed to save him. Given that very real possibility, I don't think humanity checks are warranted. In other words, I don't think anyone witnessing had the ability to do something to stop the death. Or I should say SOMEONE's death.
"There is so much blood in this country, it soaks into the ground, grows in the crops and feeds the orphans who remain. The people of our nation cry out to God for salvation. I am God's left hand." - Armanoush

Soultide

Post by Soultide »

Staff also specified at the time that if you have HUMANITY and it is at this LEVEL than you need to make a check.

MrMacabee
NPC
Player name: Ted
Character Name: Curt Macabee

Post by MrMacabee »

I am sure some other Paths might need to throw checks from that, too. But yes, true.
If you believe it, they believe it. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #267
Curt Macabee
Childe of Jefferson Cantor, Harpy of Washington, D.C.

Soultide

Post by Soultide »

MrMacabee wrote:I am sure some other Paths might need to throw checks from that, too. But yes, true.
Ted, it's what Staff said. They gave two checks if you are on Humanity. Most other paths in game are usually okay with some level of killing.

Elaine

Post by Elaine »

I think Staff made it pretty clear at the time the chops were made who did and did not need to make these chops. Ralph made this post for bookkeeping purposes, as far as I can tell.

Lindsay
Lit Moderator
Character Name: Lit Moderator

Post by Lindsay »

If you lost your chop and lost humanity - please pm Ralph so that he may adjust your sheet.
That is all that this was.

This was not a discussion thread - it was a bookeeping thread.

Discussion threads belong in the Discussion forum.

*locks thread*
All hail the glory of the Lit Dignitas!