Curt: moving from Staff PC to NPC

A forum for the Storytelling Staff to give opinions on how the game works.
Ted
Staff
Player name: Ted
Character Name: Lithium Smurf

Curt: moving from Staff PC to NPC

Post by Ted »

Due to his changing role in plot, Curt Macabee is now an NPC. (Previously, he was a Staff PC.)

This means a few things:
- He'll be appearing more often in the story.
- Other Staff might play him if it's needed.
- If I ever step down, he'll remain an NPC and I won't play him as a regular character.
- He's under control of staff.
- He doesn't track XP like a PC.

More abstractly, it means that his actions will be guided more by the needs of plot than by the personality and goals of the character. Curt's now there more to drive plot for PCs and affect the world.

This is mostly in response to plot happenings of late. It makes more sense for him to serve as an NPC at this point. I don't have any plans to step down as Narrator any time soon. I just expect he'll be more directly involved in plot in the near future. In general, "Staff PCs" are characters we try to keep out of the plot while their player is on Staff.

At present, I don't have any Staff PCs. All my former PCs (The Dentist, Dive, and Curt Macabee) have been converted to NPCs.

Thanks!
Ted
Qerans Seadie (3BR). Creature - Zombie Shaman. 1BBB, T, Sacrifice a player: Put a +1/+1 counter on one of that land is trandor.

Capet
O.S.G.
Player name: Paul
Character Name: Julien
City Positions: Harpy

Re: Curt: moving from Staff PC to NPC

Post by Capet »

I appreciate the clear communication.

Brawns
Gamer
Player name: Stacz Sadowski
Character Name: Brawns
City Positions: Living art

Post by Brawns »

I guese I'll call off the wereshark cyberninjas then . Being a plot device makes you untouchable by my code. (and way cool .. Curt's Greeeat!

Ted
Staff
Player name: Ted
Character Name: Lithium Smurf

Post by Ted »

Hey Stacz, thanks for bringing that up! One thing this definitely doesn't mean is that Curt is unassailable. He's a contentious character a lot of PCs dislike for good reasons! Feel free to attack him, as always, in whatever ways you see fit! Especially wereshark ninjas.

There are occasions where Staff will determine that an NPC is unassailable, but they're few and far between, and generally those are really obvious and they don't look like tempting targets.
Qerans Seadie (3BR). Creature - Zombie Shaman. 1BBB, T, Sacrifice a player: Put a +1/+1 counter on one of that land is trandor.

stegan
Neophyte
Player name: BrianW
Character Name: Stegan

Post by stegan »

Just make sure it's awakened rokea abominations you're sending after him.

Melissa
O.S.G.
Player name: Alison
Character Name: Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Yeah, the cut-rate hedge wizard rokea abominations are just never as good.